35 year old man with ADHD seeking rent arrears

I am a Carer Support Co-ordinator for Durham County Carer Support. I am trying to get help for a 35 year old man who has severe heart problems and ADHD. He had a council property which he left with just over £1,000 pounds of rent arrears. He is homeless at the moment and the council will not allow him onto the housing list unless these arrears are paid. the ADHD is causing him to struggle with his work and he can’t find a job after he was made redundant.

Would you be able to help with this arrears? Or maybe a hostel in Durham County that the 35 year old man can use while he get financial help? The 35 year old is living on the streets and needs a property to live in.